Splunk Dev

Custom Alert Action UI Params not saving

knutsod
Path Finder

Hello,

I have created a custom alert action app as specified in the Splunk development documentation. I also created another more basic app to test and am still having the same issue. The issue is that the custom alert action ui params are not saving. If I manually add the action.testalert.param.subject to the entry in savedseraches.conf it will get passed to my script, but when I save the parmas from the UI they do not get back to the config file.

alert_actions.conf

[testalert]
is_custom = 1
label = Test Alert
payload_format = json

# A default param
param.foo = Bar

The alert action UI

<splunk-control-group label="Subject">
    <splunk-text-input name="action.testalert.param.subject" id="subject">
    </splunk-text-input>
</splunk-control-group>

I have tried including a savedsearches.conf.spec to define the custom param with no effect and have also attempted changing the permissions/exports in default.meta with no success. Any idea what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

I suppose the subject parameter is defined on alert_actions.conf, right?

Also, I had a similar issue a while ago, and I guess It was solved by adding a alert_actions.conf.spec file containing my parameters and Its data types. 

Something like:

[my_alert_action]
param.my_param = <string>

In my app I have placed this file under README dir.

0 Karma

knutsod
Path Finder

I created a spec file for alert_actions.conf and this did not change anything unfortunately. 

k_ivesic
Explorer

Same here, have you figured it out, maybe?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...