Splunk Dev

Creating splunk dashboards and views in visual studio/eclipse

preetigarg21
Explorer

Hi

Can we do XML coding for creating views in splunk via tools like Eclipse/Visual Studio? I have already tried using SDKs. I am able to fetch the results into my java application. But now, my requirement is to be able to create Views from eclipse/ visual studio. Please suggest me if there is something available to achieve this.

Tags (1)

psanford_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are currently working on a plug-in for Eclipse to make it easier to do Splunk development in Java. The plug-in will be released within the next couple of weeks. That plug-in, however, will be just for Java development right now.

The engineering team would enjoy hearing more about your exact requirements. You can drop a mail to: devinfo@splunk.com .

0 Karma

preetigarg21
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response. Actually, we are looking for a tool to enhance our productivity and efficiency to develop Splunk views using XML.We are looking for features like these:
1.An Eclipse plugin to give us an option to edit and manage advance xml modules more easily.
2.It should be able to provide intelli-sense regarding available modules and their parameters.
3.Providing a GUI where we can drag and drop panels and other splunk modules like drop downs or flash time line obejcts or charts so that we can create dashboards and views more easily.

Will this plugin provide above features?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...