Splunk Dev

Correlating HVAC data

belka
Path Finder

I have a customer who is thinking about correlating HVAC data in Splunk. They are also interested in correlating weather data and access card readers to correlate employee traffic and weather with energy usage. Anyone done this before?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

StephanMC

Belka,

how far have you made it with your project? We are going the same route at my location

0 Karma

mwatson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Got it. Thanks very much for your reply!

0 Karma

isabel_ycourbe
Path Finder

Are you looking for a usecase or an anwser "it's possible or not" ?

0 Karma

mwatson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A use case would be helpful. I there are any pre-built apps that are set up to accept sensor data and display output that would also be helpful. Thank you!

0 Karma

isabel_ycourbe
Path Finder

Most of the apps you will find will be "IT oriented" I doubt you'll find prebuilt things for this use case. But at the end of the day, Splunk is just a database, you can fill it with any data you want as long as you can retrieve them. If for example your sensors write their output in a file, then it's super easy to import them and start building dashboards. If they have REST API's it will require some tweaking but you can easily get them as well. Anyway you can always add some "middleware" in the form of a python script or whatever that your Splunk can use to get the data.

0 Karma

mwatson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would also be interested in this type of sensor input application (HVAC, plant or otherwise).

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't done that before, but it sounds like a great project. Could be great .conf2018 talk.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...