Splunk Dev

Convert Splunk Dashboard to HTML option not available in ellipses dropdown

lancair
Observer

Problem: I've created a dashboard which looks great, but is limited in functionality by the inherently simple XML structure Splunk uses to stub these things out.

I want to convert my dashboard to HTML but the well advertised "Convert to HTML" option is not available through either the edit button or the ellipses dropdown on the dashboard.

Are there any particular Splunk antics required to make it appear in the drop down?

On both of the installs I have tested I get the same list of options from the ellipses drop down

Clone, Set as Home Dashboard and Delete.

I am logged in as admin on both system with the included capability of edit_view_html and basically every other assignable capability of admin.

I have tried this on versions...

Version:8.1.0 Build:f57c09e87251 

and

Version 4.4.1 Build 1566518380334

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lancair
Observer

Correction on the entry Version 4.4.1 Build 1566518380334 That is the MLTK version.

The other Splunk version tested is 7.2.3

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...