Splunk Dev

Can not create or clone users / error: Could not get info for role that does not exist: windows-admin

christianlawson
Engager

Could not get info for role that does not exist: windows-admin when creating or cloning users. Role doesn't exist either

Tags (1)

adonio
Ultra Champion

did you or do you have the Splunk app for Windows Infrastructure?
do you use it? is it enabled?

0 Karma

jprescott_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have a look in Settings > Access Controls > Roles > Filter for "windows-admin"
If you do not see the role there, take a look in
Settings > Access Controls > Users > Filter for "windows-admin"

If this returns a list of users that have this role, click on a user to modify them.
Look at the "Assign to roles" section of that page.
If you do not see it in the left hand side, or right hand side, simply click "Save"
That user should no longer appear in the filtered list of users who supposedly have the "windows-admin" role.

Do this for each user affected, until the filtered list is empty, and you should be good to go!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...