Splunk Dev

Appinspect - Why is the "Dynamic check for modular inputs" check case-insensitive?

defaziom
Explorer

If I have the following scheme:

<scheme>
<title>My App</title>
<description>Does stuff</description>
<use_external_validation>true</use_external_validation>
<use_single_instance>true</use_single_instance>
<streaming_mode>xml</streaming_mode>
<endpoint>
    <args>
        <arg name="MyArg">
            <description>sample arg</description>
            <data_type>string</data_type>
            <required_on_edit>false</required_on_edit>
            <required_on_create>true</required_on_create>
        </arg>
    </args>
</endpoint>

And the following inputs.conf.spec

[my_app://<name>]
 MyArg = <value>

Using the appinspect API, The "Dynamic checks for modular inputs Modular Inputs are configured via an inputs.conf.spec file located at README/inputs.conf.spec" check fails claiming that "MyArg" defined in the scheme was not found in "README/inputs.conf.spec". If I change "MyArg" in the scheme to "myarg", the check passes.

Why are the args in the spec file treated as case-insensitive when the check is run? When the app is installed in Splunk, Splunk treats the args in the spec file as case-sensitive. Shouldn't the behavior of the check be the same as Splunk?

1 Solution

chenl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Defaziom,
Thank you for reporting this issue! We've tracked this issue internally and will start our investigation and take appropriate action.

Best Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

chenl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Defaziom,
Thank you for reporting this issue! We've tracked this issue internally and will start our investigation and take appropriate action.

Best Regards,
Leo

defaziom
Explorer

Leo, thank you for looking into this issue! Do you have any updates?

0 Karma

chenl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Defaziom, we are still working on it and the issue will be fixed soon (most likely before Feb).

0 Karma

chenl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@defaziom we've updated the AppInspect API service, I assume the issue should be fixed already, please verify.

0 Karma

defaziom
Explorer

I resubmitted our app and it passed all AppInspect tests! Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...