Splunk Dev

Splunk cloud version tracking

Flobzh
Engager

Hello, 

We are using Splunk Cloud and frequently we get updates of our instance, it's fine so we are always up-to-date. The issue is that we have no warning before it happens and the update sometimes has some impacts that we only discover later.

Questions:

-How to know when an update will happen?

-How can we get an history of updates of our instances. This search gives me the last restart of the instance and the version, but it doesn't necessary mean that the update was done at that time.

| rest /services/server/info | eval LastStartupTime=strftime(startup_time, "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S")
| table LastStartupTime , version

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Karma

hoaxm3
Path Finder

Splunk Cloud Support usually sends out emails about 2-4 weeks prior to upgrade with maintenance schedules. Might want to check what email address is listed on your entitlement??

0 Karma

Flobzh
Engager

Hello,

What do you mean by entitlement? Is it something that we can configure in Splunk web UI?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...