Splunk Dev

Splunk Cloud not downloading the latest version of my app

cplunk
Explorer

Hi,

I updated my Splunk app in Splunkbase yesterday, receiving the correct Splunk AppInspect certification.

However, when installing the app on a Splunk Cloud instance (from the "Browse More Apps"), version 1.0.0 is installed instead of 1.0.2. The app also shows up as "Last Updated: an hour ago", but still installs the wrong version.

cplunk_0-1626256849817.png

I made sure to update the build in the [install] stanza of the app.conf file, as well as the versions in the app.conf and app.manifest.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cplunk
Explorer

I ended up just having to wait some more (I think the initial problem was that I didn't update the "build", and once I did it was just a matter of time).

View solution in original post

cplunk
Explorer

I ended up just having to wait some more (I think the initial problem was that I didn't update the "build", and once I did it was just a matter of time).

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you specify the new version as the default?  If not, sign in to splunkbase and open your profile.  Click the 'manage' link next to your app and then select the new version to be the default.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

cplunk
Explorer

I did (the UI is a little weird ever since this morning, but I did check the newest version as the default).

cplunk_0-1626268700182.png

In addition if you go to the app's URL, the first/default version is 1.0.2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...