Splunk Dev

How to collect debug logs for apps on Splunk Cloud

Mr2022
Explorer

I have released an app for Splunk Enterprise. As Splunk Enterprise is kind of on-premise product and runs on customers' local host, I use file log to collect debug logs with reference to https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/addsupport/logging/loggingsplunkextensions. I can read the local file and index the logs in 'search' result.

Now I need to migrate the app on Splunk Cloud. How can I collect the debug log for apps on cloud. Does the link still work on Cloud? If not, is there other guides for this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mcmaster
Communicator

Those log files are indexed in Splunk Cloud just as they are in Splunk Enterprise, so if you're following that documentation you should be in the clear. Logs can be access by the Splunk admin in the same way as if it were running on-prem.

View solution in original post

mcmaster
Communicator

Those log files are indexed in Splunk Cloud just as they are in Splunk Enterprise, so if you're following that documentation you should be in the clear. Logs can be access by the Splunk admin in the same way as if it were running on-prem.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...