Splunk Dev

Deploy private apps in Splunk Cloud Trial

Tara
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi!

Please clarify can I deploy my private apps to my Splunk Cloud Trial? 

I'm at a loss because I cant see "select file" (or anything similar to what we have in Splunk Enterprise) button to choose archive with my app.

Thank you! 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Cloud Trials, specifically, do not allow for the installation of private apps in the same way that you can on a paid Splunk Cloud deployment. Sorry about that. 

If you need a more advanced Splunk Cloud deployment for evaluation, please reach out to the Splunk Sales team. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, private apps can be deployed in Splunk Cloud, but they must pass the vetting process.  Go to the Manage Apps screen and click on the Uploaded Apps tab.  There you should see a button to upload a new app.  Once the app is uploaded, it will be vetted.  If it passes, there will be an "install" link you can click to install the app; if vetting fails, there will be a link to a report explaining why it failed so you can make corrections and try again.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Tara
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Yes, but I don't have "Uploaded Apps" tab. My Manage Apps screen looks like this Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 19.47.58.png

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe Splunk Cloud is in the process of changing the Manage Apps interface.  I described the old interface, but you have the new one. I don't know why you don't have a button to install your own app.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...