Deployment Architecture

why my indexer is not added into cluster ?

ramarcsight
Explorer

Hello everyone
I restarted a indexer IDX1 which is already in a cluster .
So after restarting IDX1 i see this error in CLusterMAster

CLUSTER_ADD_PEER_FAILED__guid=123456-434-4Ty-ABC-6373637 server name=SQL01 ip=1.1.1.1:8089_bucket already added as clustered, peer attempted to add again as standalone. guid=123456-434-4Ty-ABC-6373637 bid= coral_data~

In cluster master under settings-indexer clustering--Peers ---

SQL01 status=down
and on the IDX1 side i see this error -- under indexer clustering

Slave is unable to handle request at this time. This means either slave unable to communicate w/ master OR master does not have peers added to the cluster. Check master dashboard and/or master_uri/secret settings."

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Hi @ramarcsight,

Looks like one of the buckets are causing the issue. Please refer to the second answer from https://answers.splunk.com/answers/115905/unable-to-add-cluster-peer-back-to-cluster-master-get-erro... and see if it works for you

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

ramarcsight
Explorer

It's a production env , is there any way I can replicate this problem in test env ??

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

It might be one-off issue. Did you manage to fix?

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

ramarcsight
Explorer

unmouted the /opt and mounted it again

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...