Deployment Architecture

which components of splunk should be configured as LICENSE SLAVEs??

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Hello splunkers

in my environment i have
--- 40+ universal forwarders
--- 1 indexer cluster with 3 peer nodes
--- 1 indexer master node
--- 1 deployer
--- 1 search head cluster with 3 nodes
--- 1 license master

i am confused in configuring license slaves.. out of all the components on which i should Configure a license slave

Thanks in Advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

Raghav2384
Motivator

@AzmathShaik,

1. Entire Indexer Cluster
  2. Cluster Master
  3. Deployer Node
  4. 3 Search heads (SHC)

should be added as slaves to the License Master.

So, basically everything except universal forwarders needs to be added as Slaves in your case.

Please read: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Admin/Configurealicensemaster

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,
Raghav

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

@AzmathShaik,

1. Entire Indexer Cluster
  2. Cluster Master
  3. Deployer Node
  4. 3 Search heads (SHC)

should be added as slaves to the License Master.

So, basically everything except universal forwarders needs to be added as Slaves in your case.

Please read: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Admin/Configurealicensemaster

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

hello

may i know how can i add search head cluster members as license slave to license master???

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Either through server.conf where under license stanza you provide the uri to LM OR

via GUI where you select , associate with a license master and provide the mgmt_uri for LM

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...