Deployment Architecture

timeinvertedIndex - Splunk-optimize failed to start for index ../fishbucket/db/db-hot

tpaulsen
Contributor

Hello,

i have installed Splunk 4.1.1. When i look at the -> Status -> Index Health page, i see there is this following warn comeing every 12 seconds:

04-26-2010 16:08:55.680 WARN  timeinvertedIndex - splunk-optimize failed to start for index /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/db/db-hot

Is this a bug? And if not, what can i do about it?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

tpaulsen
Contributor

I filed a support case and since we have now Splunk 4.1.7 running i haven´t seen the message anymore.
Guess it got fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tpaulsen
Contributor

I filed a support case and since we have now Splunk 4.1.7 running i haven´t seen the message anymore.
Guess it got fixed.

0 Karma

tpaulsen
Contributor

The splunk-optimize process can´t run on that subdirectory, since it doesn´t exist. Even if i create it manually, splunk-optimize won´t notice, except by creating another error:

05-11-2010 13:10:40.476 ERROR databasePartitionPolicy - Index is empty refusing to move. oldDirPath=/opt/splunk/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/db/db-hot

The other message is still there:

05-11-2010 14:33:52.045 WARN  timeinvertedIndex - splunk-optimize failed to start for index /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/db/db-hot

Lowell
Super Champion

tpaulsen
Contributor

Ok. So if it happens sporadic, it´s ok, if it´s happening quite often (in my case every 12 seconds...) it´s bad and i need to open a case with Splunk Support.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...