Deployment Architecture

splunk search head setup

DTERM
Contributor

I'm trying to setup a Splunk search head. Here is what I've done thus far.

Installed splunk app.

I've installed a copy of an application I've wrote under /opt/splunk/etc/apps on the search head.

I've run the following command on the indexer: ./splunk enable dist-search -auth admin:changeme and restarted the app.

I've run the following command on the search head splunk add search-server -host 10.10.10.123:8089 -auth admin:Mypassword -remoteUsername admin -remotePassword Mypassword

The search head initiates and the GUI for the app I've written appears. However, when I run commands from the search head to indexer, I get "No results found".

The same application works great on the indexer. What step(s) am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...