Deployment Architecture

splunk search head setup

DTERM
Contributor

I'm trying to setup a Splunk search head. Here is what I've done thus far.

Installed splunk app.

I've installed a copy of an application I've wrote under /opt/splunk/etc/apps on the search head.

I've run the following command on the indexer: ./splunk enable dist-search -auth admin:changeme and restarted the app.

I've run the following command on the search head splunk add search-server -host 10.10.10.123:8089 -auth admin:Mypassword -remoteUsername admin -remotePassword Mypassword

The search head initiates and the GUI for the app I've written appears. However, when I run commands from the search head to indexer, I get "No results found".

The same application works great on the indexer. What step(s) am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...