Deployment Architecture

splunk odbc driver for 7.2.6 version

jiaqya
Builder

I hear "The Splunk ODBC Driver is not supported on Splunk platform versions 7.x"

We are running splunk 7.2.6 on RHEL 7.4
Is this a sure "not supported" by splunk app , or could it also work if tried..

Tags (1)

jawaharas
Motivator

As per the Splunk blog, ODBC driver works only on the Splunk running on Windows platform.

Product Requirements: (Extract from the blog)
Operating Systems
The ODBC Driver is available and supported on the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:

Windows 7
Windows 8.x
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2

Splunk Versions
Splunk Enterprise 6
Splunk Enterprise 5.x

Supported Third-Party Tools
Microsoft Excel 2010
Microsoft Excel 2011
Tableau Desktop 8.x

Other Requirements
Client computer running the Splunk ODBC Driver requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.

0 Karma

swiebelhaus
Explorer

We rely on the ODBC connection for a number of metrics reports. Our company is planning the upgrade to 7.x, so we need this connectivity soon.

0 Karma

EricDM
Engager

What is the plan to provide an updated ODBC Driver...one that will work and be supported?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...