Deployment Architecture

setup.xml not supported on search head cluster?

mmarkleybac
Engager

I've built a modular alert with a setup.xml to create credentials on the storage/passwords endpoint and to store a setting in local/app.conf. Everything works as expected on my standalone test system.

When I deploy it to a search head cluster (7.3.2) via the deployer, the "Set up" link doesn't show next to the app in "Manage Apps". I can navigate to the setup page manually (/en-US/manager//apps/local//setup?action=edit) and save the settings, but the local/app.conf doesn't replicate to the other members of my search head cluster. I'm thinking of testing a custom endpoint for the config piece instead of putting it into app.conf, but I don't want to go too far down this road if I'm taking the wrong approach.

Is setup.xml not supported on a search head cluster environment? How about making changes to local/app.conf? I have to assume modular alerts in general are.

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

as a rule of thumb, apps that require setup are first to be set up on the Deployer (or any other instance), then copy the relevant directory (app) to the shcluster/apps directory and push from there.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

as a rule of thumb, apps that require setup are first to be set up on the Deployer (or any other instance), then copy the relevant directory (app) to the shcluster/apps directory and push from there.

0 Karma

mmarkleybac
Engager

Interesting; I couldn't find that in the docs, but it makes sense, especially with the deployer_push_mode I see popped up in 7.x (my cluster was built on 6.6). Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...