Deployment Architecture

set up an alert for SHC members

bsrikanthreddy5
Path Finder

I have my Search head cluster in AWS and I am looking to set up an alert each time new SHC members get added to the SHC cluster and old members get removed. 

I came across enabling "DMC Alert - Search Peer Not Responding", but it checks for all members (CM, Indexers, SHC members) added to MC . 

Can you please suggest if there is any other way to set up only for SHC members?  

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Probably you should keep inventory for members of that SHC nodes and in regular base run alert which check current situation towards that inventory. When there are changes then update inventory also.

I cannot check exactly commands now, but you could use rest + internal indexes to get those information. More about those e.g. https://community.splunk.com/t5/Deployment-Architecture/Is-there-a-REST-API-call-for-getting-the-sta...

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...