Deployment Architecture

"Problem replicating config (bundle) to search peer...timed out; exceeded 60 sec" How do I resolve this error?

kaskirana01
Problem replicating config (bundle) to search peer '10.215.3.196:8089',Reading reply to upload: rv=-2, Receive from=https://10.215.3.196:8089 timed out; exceeded 60 sec, as per=distsearch.conf/[replicationSettings]/sendRcvTimeout.

I have changed the sendRcvTimeout to 120. Still I am getting the error. Someone please help me

0 Karma
1 Solution

mattcaffeine
Explorer

Have you checked the size of your bundle? It may be that it's simply too large to replicate in a timely manner. If you have large lookup files in the bundle you might consider blacklisting them or if they're required, then consider mounting your search bundle if your setup will allow for it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

saravanan90
Contributor

We can reduce the bundle size (or) increase the bundle replication time.

To reduce the bundle size check in search head for the .bundle file in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/ and check for futile files.

To increase the bundle replication time add the below parameter in search head. By default the value is 60 seconds.

In distsearch.conf

[replicationSettings]
sendRcvTimeout = 120

0 Karma

mattcaffeine
Explorer

Have you checked the size of your bundle? It may be that it's simply too large to replicate in a timely manner. If you have large lookup files in the bundle you might consider blacklisting them or if they're required, then consider mounting your search bundle if your setup will allow for it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...