Deployment Architecture

"Page not found" when trying to configure SAML on all search heads in cluster

dkoops
Path Finder

When trying to configure SAML, going to "Access controls » Authentication method » SAML", I'm getting a "Page not found!" error. This happens on all three sh's in my cluster, and only for SAML configuration.

Any idea why this is happening? Is it not supported for search head clusters maybe?

0 Karma
1 Solution

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SAML is supported on search head clusters. Can you provide a bit more details around when you're receiving the 'Page Not Found'? Is the URL you're sent to for the IdP or is it a Splunk URL?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SAML is supported on search head clusters. Can you provide a bit more details around when you're receiving the 'Page Not Found'? Is the URL you're sent to for the IdP or is it a Splunk URL?

0 Karma

dkoops
Path Finder

Thanks for your reply, but the question was over a year old and fixed already. The issue was fixed with the release of the Splunk version that supported ADFS and AzureAD (6.4 if I remember correct?).

We use ADFS, and before it was supported we tried some proxy work-around that apparently broke something in Splunk for some reason.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...