Deployment Architecture

"Master Dashboard" in a clustered instance shows only "Clustering: Search Head"

mitag
Contributor

Either my instance is misconfigured - or the documentation has an error... or both?

Per "Access the master dashboard":

The master dashboard contains these sections:
- Cluster overview
- Peers tab
- Indexes tab
- Search Heads tab

Also, same source:

Use the monitoring console to view status
You can use the monitoring console to monitor most aspects of your deployment, including the status of your indexer cluster. The information available through the console duplicates much of the information available on the master dashboard.

Note how it says "you can use..." (not "you must"), and that the console's info is supposed to duplicate much of what's on the master dashboard.

Not the case in my instance - "Master Dashboard" ( Settings - Distributed Environment - Indexer Clustering) is only showing "Clustering: Search Head":

navigate to indexer clustering

master dashboard

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Out topology is two sites, three clustered indexers per site, one search head and master node per site.

P.P.S. Navigating to Indexing - Indexer Clustering in Splunk Monitoring Console does show what "Access the master dashboard" says it's supposed to show. If that's intended, the questions are:
- should "Access the master dashboard" article say that when there is a "Monitoring Console", their instructions don't apply? (It does say I could use the Monitoring Console, but does not say I must...)
- shouldn't the "Master Dashboard" in the main instance (not the Monitoring Console) refer me to the Monitoring Console for "indexer clustering"?

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk Life | Splunk is Officially Part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint. Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...