Deployment Architecture

how to find out if all our search heads in search head cluster environment is in sync?

sim_tcr
Communicator

Hello,

We are running 6.3.3 with search head clustering and 4 search heads in the cluster.
Some times users complain that, few of the saved items are not visible when they come back. We believe its due to the item saved earlier did not get synced with other search heads.
Is there way/command we can easily find out if all the search heads are in sync?

Thanks,
Simon Mandy

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you've setup DMC, you should be able to see replication status in Search Head clustering related dashboards.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.10/DistSearch/ViewSHCstatusinDMC

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you've setup DMC, you should be able to see replication status in Search Head clustering related dashboards.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.10/DistSearch/ViewSHCstatusinDMC

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should first identify which members are out of sync.. You can do this by looking at the internal logs

Once identified, run this command on the SH member that is out of sync

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk resync shcluster-replicated-config

0 Karma

sbbadri
Motivator

splunk resync shcluster-replicated-config - is one option

Caution: This command causes an overwrite of the member's entire set of search-related configurations, resulting in the loss of any local changes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...