Deployment Architecture

fill_summary_index.py not working

ayusuf
Engager

I'm running the command below:
sudo -u splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python /opt/splunk/bin/fill_summary_index.py -app search -name eligible -et -y -lt now -j 2 -owner admin -auth admin:password

I get the following back:
*** For saved search 'eligible' ***
No handlers could be found for logger "splunk.rest.format"
No scheduled times for your time range.

No searches to run

I'm not sure what the response back means exactly.
'eligible' is a scheduled search and I'm trying to run that same search but using it to backfill the summary index.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Are you running the search on a search head, but the summary index resides on indexers? You might need the -nolocal option.

But I really suspect that you need to include the -owner option, or perhaps change the permissions on the scheduled search eligible

More info on the options: Manage summary index gaps and overlaps

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the scheduling enabled for the search? What is the time range you're using and what is the cron schedule for the search?

0 Karma

ayusuf
Engager

scheduling is enabled for the search. should I disable that?
I'm using Basic and running every minute. My search range is -7mon@mon and -7mon@mon+1h.
But there is data before that I need to backfill.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...