Deployment Architecture

default splunk password(changes) will store in splunk 8.0

LalithaDevi

Hi Team,

I am working in multisite cluster enviroment. we need to perform certificate renewals with 21 passphrase key.

Same passphrase we are using in all server.conf file across the multisite cluster. 

during cluster restart, we come across " Master node down" found in serverd.log file and unable to progress.

during investigation found, [general] stanza passphrase is encrypted  valued of changeme is coming up

instead of  encrypted value of 21 passphrase key and

[clustering] stanza passphrase is encrypted value of 21 passphrase key is coming up.

To make cluster to work as is, i think  we need to over write default password (i.e. changeme) in server.conf with custom password (i.e. 21 passphrase key) but currently not happening.

We need to complete certificates renewals prior to 30/10/2021.

This is its bit urgent. any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Lalitha

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...