Deployment Architecture

creating a lookup with search-head pooling

a212830
Champion

Hi,

We just implemented search-head pooling. I have a lookup that gets generated via wget. How do people handle situations like this? I don't want to tie the scripts to a specific server, but I also want to make sure it runs when one of the servers is down. Is there a way to have Splunk run it, but not generate indexed data?

0 Karma

ewoo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One option: create a Python search command that updates your lookup. Then, schedule a search that invokes that search command on a desired interval (e.g. every night at midnight). The search heads in your pool will coordinate such that only one instance runs the scheduled search "at a time" (i.e. only one instance in the pool will run the scheduled search, per interval).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...