Deployment Architecture

creating a lookup with search-head pooling

a212830
Champion

Hi,

We just implemented search-head pooling. I have a lookup that gets generated via wget. How do people handle situations like this? I don't want to tie the scripts to a specific server, but I also want to make sure it runs when one of the servers is down. Is there a way to have Splunk run it, but not generate indexed data?

0 Karma

ewoo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One option: create a Python search command that updates your lookup. Then, schedule a search that invokes that search command on a desired interval (e.g. every night at midnight). The search heads in your pool will coordinate such that only one instance runs the scheduled search "at a time" (i.e. only one instance in the pool will run the scheduled search, per interval).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...