Deployment Architecture

can i upgrade my OS version to the latest from 7.4 to 7.6

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

can i upgrade my OS version to the latest from 7.4 to 7.6 to avoid the patching vulnerability

Tags (2)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

What OS are you talking about? Also: what version of Splunk are you running on it?

0 Karma

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

OS -Linux and my splunk version is 6.3.3

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

What linux distribution?

Splunk 6.3.3 is pretty ancient (2015)...

As you can see in the docs, for Linux it mostly depends on your kernel version. Upgrading to a newer version of the linux distribution probably doesn't matter much:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.3/Installation/Systemrequirements

0 Karma

Nadhiyaa
Path Finder

ooops. My splunk version is 6.6.3 .So can i go ahead and upgrade the OS ??

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

I was hoping that was a typo 🙂

I guess the answer is yes, at least from a basic system requirements perspective. But I don't know of course what exactly changes from 7.4 to 7.6 and whether any of that impacts splunk. Apart from the upgrade procedure itself which may cause temporary downtime which you want to plan carefully and upgrade different splunk hosts (assuming you have a distributed setup) in a smart order to cause minimal impact.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...