Deployment Architecture

Workflow action and foreign application

Azerty728
Path Finder

I'm on distributed environment with deployment server.

I created an application, outside ES but based on ES result search.

In order to simplify the interaction between the two apps (Es and my app), I added a Workflow action in ES, that points to my app (GET method).
Now I want to package my app. But my workflow action is still (created) in ES.

If I want to incorporate my workflow_actions.conf in my own app directory, how can I make it deploy in ES too ? Because right now, if I deploy my app, it only deploys files on my search heads but not this wworkflow_actions.conf in ES directory.

I hope this is clear enough to be understood.

Regards.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Azerty728
Path Finder

I am answering my own question :
I created my workflow_actions.conf where I put my workflow actions, in my app directory.
Then in metadata/default.meta, I added stanzas of my workflow actions like below, and an export key to the apps where I want my workflow actions appear:

[workflow_actions/View_Notable]
export = SA-ThreatIntelligence

[workflow_actions/Email_generation]
export = SplunkEnterpriseSecurity

So my workflow actions appear where I want to ! (in SA-ThreatIntelligence and Enterprise Security).
That's all.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Azerty728
Path Finder

I am answering my own question :
I created my workflow_actions.conf where I put my workflow actions, in my app directory.
Then in metadata/default.meta, I added stanzas of my workflow actions like below, and an export key to the apps where I want my workflow actions appear:

[workflow_actions/View_Notable]
export = SA-ThreatIntelligence

[workflow_actions/Email_generation]
export = SplunkEnterpriseSecurity

So my workflow actions appear where I want to ! (in SA-ThreatIntelligence and Enterprise Security).
That's all.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...