Deployment Architecture

Will the maxHotSpanSecs roll my buckets from warm to cold?

erw550
Path Finder

Hello,
I am wondering when my index will roll from warm to cold with the settings below, the rest of the settings is default:

[XXXX]
frozenTimePeriodInSecs = 46656000
maxDataSize = auto_high_volume
maxTotalDataSizeMB = 4294967295
maxWarmDBCount = 4294967295
repFactor = auto

Will the default setting maxHotSpanSecs = 7776000 roll the buckets from warm to cold or is it just the span within the bucket?
When will the buckets roll from warm to cold in this case?

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

That parameter defines which is the maximum time before hot bucket rolls to warm (unless it has already rolled based on bucket count or restarting splunk).

From warm to cold the rolling is usually done by homePath.maxDataSizeMB or maxWarmDBCount. 

Here is some additional answers + conf presentation about it:

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

That parameter defines which is the maximum time before hot bucket rolls to warm (unless it has already rolled based on bucket count or restarting splunk).

From warm to cold the rolling is usually done by homePath.maxDataSizeMB or maxWarmDBCount. 

Here is some additional answers + conf presentation about it:

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...