Deployment Architecture

Why we are integrating the search head cluster to indexer cluster?

vaibhavladani
Explorer

I don't know what is the use of doing this.I am attaching the link:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/DistSearch/SHCandindexercluster

0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

If you don't configure each search head to search all the peers in the indexer cluster, you won't have it working properly.

The search head cluster is a cluster in an horizontal way, the search heads share configuration and other knowledge objects (this can be customized) and then you need to configure each one of them for the vertical link with the indexing layer, in the same Distributed Searches always worked in Splunk.

I know it would be cool if the captain search head talked to the cluster master, and then inform the others but at this stage that sounds much more complicated to do.

I hope I threw some light in there 🙂

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

You won't have to update the search peer list on the search heads.
If you don't have a search head cluster or an index cluster then you don't need to do it

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...