Deployment Architecture

Why isn't my SmartStore OpenStack Swift configuration working?

medinjor
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi Team,

I'm having some issues using OpenStack Swift as s3 for SmartStore. I have the following configuration in my indexes.conf:

[default]
remotePath = volume:s3volume/$_index_name
repFactor = auto[volume:s3volume]
storageType = remote
path = s3://test
remote.s3.endpoint = https://objectstore-3.eu-nl-1.cloud.com
remote.s3.access_key = 6cbb2###########
remote.s3.secret_key = 20506###########
remote.s3.auth_region = eu-nl-1

When pushing the config I'm getting this error message:

<Message>The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.</Message>

But when using the following command I'm able to push the file into the s3 using the same configuration:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd splunkd rfs -- putF /opt/splunk/bin/test.x.txt volume:s3volume

I tried changing the signature version and am still having the same issue.

Does anybody know how I can fix this or why is this happening? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

vzabawski
Path Finder

"Too little too late", but hope it might lead someone to the solution.

When I was setting up some backup client to work with Openstack Swift, there was a parameter

s3.path.style.access: true  

Without this parameter, connection to Swift didn't work properly. Maybe it's the same case, since googling this error message lead me to cases when paths in S3 were malformed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...