Deployment Architecture

Why is our deployment server/license master reporting "Error spawning thread...The paging file is too small for this operation to complete"?

reach2tushar
Explorer

Hi,

I have deployment server and license master on the same machine. I am getting following frequent errors in splunkd.log file

ERROR HttpListener - Error spawning thread: HTTPDispatch: about to throw a ThreadException: _beginthreadex: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.; 8000 threads active

Please provide some solution on the above error.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's saying you have too many open files / threads. It's a common big data issue. You need to set your ulimits higher or add more servers to handle the load. I assume you have a high number of forwarders... like 8000+???

http://askubuntu.com/questions/162229/how-do-i-increase-the-open-files-limit-for-a-non-root-user

Google ulimits and you'll figure out what to do to increase the number, but the above link is just one example.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...