Deployment Architecture

Why are we seeing search peer error "A script exited abnormally" on our deployment server and how do we stop it?

jsbollard

Getting multiples of the error below on our Deployment Server. Only references the server where Enterprise Security is installed. Help!

Search peer  has the following message: msg="A script exited abnormally" input="C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunk-powershell.exe" stanza="default" status="exited with code 1"
0 Karma

maclel
Engager

Appears it is a known issue if you have a look at this answer page, and for the moment just follow the answer posted to suppress it:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/313159/after-upgrading-my-indexer-and-search-head-to-splu.html

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi jsbollard, That error doesn't seem to be related necessarily to Enterprise Security, but rather some scripted input. I'd scrutinize your input definitions, specifically any one of them that mentions powershell. If the scripted input isn't working, you can disable for the moment in order to avoid the error message (or otherwise figure out why it's failing).

Please let me know if this helps!

jsbollard

I'm still getting the error and am considering upgrading to the new 4.1 version of ESS.

0 Karma

Fraankiiie
Engager

i have the same problem, did you fixed this already or is it resolved in further updates from ESS?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...