Deployment Architecture

Why are our REST limits so low, how do we change that in 6.2.6?

epleshe
Engager

Some of our Deployment Servers going offline with these events flooding SplunkD.log:

WARN HttpListener - Can't handle request for /services/broker/connect/<GUID>/<Server>/271043/windows-x64/<port>, max thread limit for REST HTTP server is 2728, threads already in use is 2728

The servers eventually show as Offline and when they're rebooted they resume working for a while.

Why is the limit so low? I found in the documentation where this is addressed in 6.3 (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/Troubleshooting/HTTPthreadlimitissues) but can't find where to address this in 6.2.6, and we're not quite ready to upgrade.

0 Karma
1 Solution

afret2007
Path Finder

The workaround should be the same for 6.2.6 as 6.3.0. The thread limit was introduced in 6,0.0 so the calculation and override are the same for all 6.x.x versions to the present.

View solution in original post

afret2007
Path Finder

I have same issue except I have Splunk Version 6.3.0 loaded on windows. The workaround is for Linux users. Is there a workaround for windows I wonder.

0 Karma

afret2007
Path Finder

The workaround should be the same for 6.2.6 as 6.3.0. The thread limit was introduced in 6,0.0 so the calculation and override are the same for all 6.x.x versions to the present.

epleshe
Engager

Thank you, I've set it to -1 on the server that was having issues and since haven't seen any errors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...