Deployment Architecture

Why am I unable to establish connection (IIOP and RMI) between deployment manager/Node (IBM Webserver) 9.0.0.5 and Splunk 6.6.1?

shiwarkarsagar

Environment: IBM WAS 9.0.0.5 ND , Splunk 6.6.1
JAVA SDK: java version "1.8.0"

Step1: We have installed JMX addon and websphere addon in splunk.

Step2: WAS mbeans are exposed and we are able to view them on Jconsole.

Step3: Configure Splunk for IIPO connection to connect to WAS. Followed Splunk doc http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/IBMWAS/Configureinputs

Error logs shown below:
2018-03-09 11:12:59,744 - com.splunk.modinput.ModularInput -5050662 [Thread-4] ERROR - Exception@checkConnector, e=
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Unexpected error occurred while attempting to parse corbaname URL "corbaname:iiop:10.55.68.47:9100/WsnAdminNameService#JMXConnector" [Root exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ORB]
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:369)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:268)
at com.splunk.jmx.ServerTask.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.splunk.jmx.ServerTask.checkConnector(Unknown Source)
at com.splunk.jmx.Scheduler.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Unexpected error occurred while attempting to parse corbaname URL "corbaname:iiop:10.55.68.47:9100/WsnAdminNameService#JMXConnector" [Root exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ORB]
at com.ibm.ws.naming.corbaname.corbanameURLContext.getProviderURLAndName(corbanameURLContext.java:141)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.CorbaURLContext.setupForLookup(CorbaURLContext.java:115)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.CorbaURLContext.lookup(CorbaURLContext.java:454)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1936)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1903)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:286)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ORB
at com.ibm.ws.naming.corbaname.corbanameURLContext.getProviderURLAndName(corbanameURLContext.java:131)

For now, since our Splunk 6.6.1 trial has expired, we will try to follow same on Splunk 6.5 with WAS 9.0.0.5.

0 Karma

claiton

Hi Folks,
Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...