Deployment Architecture

Why am I still running into License Master Timeouts and Slowness after upgrading to 6.5.6 to resolve SPL-134638?

alee_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I upgraded my License Master to 6.5.6 to ensure I was not running into SPL-134638

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.4/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues

However, I am still running into my License Master timing out with read timeouts and poor performance

1 Solution

alee_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run the following command on the LM in Search and Reporting
| rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/messages

If this comes back with thousands and thousands of results, please contact Support for a License Reset Key which will clear out the messages which are most likely Warnings and should lead to better performance

View solution in original post

alee_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run the following command on the LM in Search and Reporting
| rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/messages

If this comes back with thousands and thousands of results, please contact Support for a License Reset Key which will clear out the messages which are most likely Warnings and should lead to better performance

kurtzschmitt
Engager

thanks alee..this solution worked for me as well. rest search returned 3000 messages related to violations/warnings. called splunk and got a reset key even though we have no enforcement and applied via the cli (since I couldn't access license page without it timing out) and restarted splunk. license page now loads in 5 seconds vs timing out in 10 minutes. we've had multiple cases open on this going back a couple years and nothing fixed the issue until now.

0 Karma

alee_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great to hear that helped @kurtzschmitt !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...