Deployment Architecture

Which log files need to be configured in Splunk for different Platforms?

tanmaykaushal

Hi Everyone,

My client has asked me the following questions:

"Can you tell me what to log exactly and need to forward to splunk?

In other words, which level of log is needed to meet the PCI requirement?

On most systems and appliances it is possible to set a specific log level. In normal situations there is chosen for a low log level because Disk and CPU usage.

For the following:
cisco router
aix
linux
windows server en workstation
oracle

Can you specify what the minimum is?"

Please can anyone suggest how to and which log files needs to be configured in Splunk for above mentioned Platforms?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

This question relates to way more that can be covered in a single answer in a Q&A forum. There are people working exclusively with things like this in PCI projects - a good knowledge of the different sections of the PCI DSS is as I see it more or less required to be able to answer these questions in your specific situation, because the requirements will vary depending on where your cardholder data is stored and how you're handling it.

My recommendation would be to bring in someone who knows log management and how it relates to PCI DSS, and have them assess your situation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...