Deployment Architecture

Which Splunk Product is best for Infrastructure Monitoring?

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Hello Splunkers.

We want to deploy a splunk product in our environment, to monitor Infrastructure along with some Automations, automations like;
1. Predictive analysis - Finding the defect before it actually appears in the infrastructure. 

2. Minimize MTTR, MTTD and MTTI.

3. Executing scripts on destination machine, to resolve the defect, like deletion of some garbage files to free up storage etc..

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarvesh_11,

to answer to your question it's mandatory a knowledge of your infrastructure!

In few words:

• Splunk is the best product to monitor infrastructure;
  • the apps to use to monitor your infrastruture dependes on the technologies your have (server Windows or Linux, Firewall Palo Alto o Fortigate, etc...);
  • ITSI is the best solutions because it permits to monitor all kind of infrastructure and gives you feature of Machine Learning, but it isn't a simple app to install (as e.g. Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure) but it  requires a configuration activity.

At least:

• if you're a final customer, contact a Splunk partner to help you in requirement analysis and design;
  • if you're a Splunk partner, ask to your channel manager to help you.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Thanks @gcusello , i shall check the same with Splunk Sales now.

Though my major concern was, can we do predictive analysis or some AI/ML tasks from Observability suite?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarvesh_11,

yes you can using ITSI or Machine Learning Toolkit App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2890/) but, before arriving to this, there are many steps!

Tell me if I can help you more, or, please, accept the answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...