Deployment Architecture

When new search peers can't be added to the indexer cluster due to administration issues, how do you add new search peers to the search head cluster?

vincenteous
Communicator

Hello Experts,

Currently, I have set up both the search head cluster and the indexer cluster in my production environment and all indexing and searching activities work perfectly. However, there are also standalone indexers outside of my environment which are handled by another team in a different network segment and are required to be added as search peers, but can't be added as indexer cluster members due to administration issues.

With this situation, can I just simply add those standalone indexers as search peers for my search head cluster from the GUI? Or is there another additional procedure to be added?

Thank you and please advise.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dkeck
Influencer

No, adding via GUI should work fine.

Note that you can let the Cluster replicate this for you, see:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.1/DistSearch/Connectclustersearchheadstosearchpeers#...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

No, adding via GUI should work fine.

Note that you can let the Cluster replicate this for you, see:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.1/DistSearch/Connectclustersearchheadstosearchpeers#...

0 Karma

vincenteous
Communicator

Noted. Thank you for your confirmation. I first thought that different types of search peers can't be configured together. Seems there's no issue to add manually.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...