Deployment Architecture

When KV Store got restarted

Master_Blaster
Explorer

Hi,

We have a search head cluster of 8 members in which KV store is failing frequently. We used to start services manually.

I'd like to create a report which should contains when exactly  kv store got failed & when it got up. I am not sure in which logs we can find this info. 
Could anyone help me with the query for same ?
Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe you want to search for "MongoDB starting"

index=_internal  sourcetype=mongod "MongoDB starting"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In alerts for splunk admins https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3796/ I have an alert to detect a lack of logging from mongod.log so combined with richgalloway's answer this might work for you...

0 Karma

Master_Blaster
Explorer

Unfortunately, the query doesn't help.  I see multiple entries of below message where we didn't do any actual restart.

2021-03-25T08:14:43.060Z I CONTROL [initandlisten] MongoDB starting : pid=18614 port=8191 dbpath=/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/kvstore/mongo 64-bit host=xxxxxx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...