Deployment Architecture

What specs are needed for a deployment server to manage 1500 - 2000 forwarders in a multisite indexer clustering environment?

thomas_forbes
Communicator

Hello,

I am assembling a multisite clustered Splunk implementation. I am having a little trouble finding what sufficient specs are needed for a deployment server that will manage between 1500 - 2000 clients between 3 sites. Please advise on the CPU, memory, and storage.

Thank you,
Tom Forbes

1 Solution

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

I did struggle to find any recommended specs so I'll tell you what I did:

• 1700 clients
  • 2 sites
  • Splunk 6.2
  • VM with 4 cores, 4GB RAM, operating system + 50GB free, 1 Gbps network
  • Operating system: Windows 2K12 initially but moved to Red Hat after noticing deployment to Linux clients wasn't working

Another piece of advise. We are keeping all our deployment configs in SVN.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

I did struggle to find any recommended specs so I'll tell you what I did:

• 1700 clients
  • 2 sites
  • Splunk 6.2
  • VM with 4 cores, 4GB RAM, operating system + 50GB free, 1 Gbps network
  • Operating system: Windows 2K12 initially but moved to Red Hat after noticing deployment to Linux clients wasn't working

Another piece of advise. We are keeping all our deployment configs in SVN.

Hope that helps.

thomas_forbes
Communicator

Also, please advise on any additional information you think as relevant as it pertains to this question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...