Deployment Architecture

What is the recommended hardware requirement for Heavy Forwarder?

mindterrian

Hello

I will install HF on Linux OS for collect log only 1 device of Check Point OPSEC LEA for forward to Splunk Enterprise (Single Instance).

Question
1. The Linux server should have hardware CPU12core, RAM12GB and Storage 300GB ?
2. I should add some license on HF ?
3. I should install Light Forwarder instead Heavy Forwarder ?

Thank you

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

Hello @mindterrian,

1. For Linux server, this is recommended hardware requirement i.e. 12 Core CPU, 12Gb RAM. So it is better to go with this. You can use it for other apps as well like DB connect etc.
  2. There is no need of any license if you already have enterprise license with you. Just add HF on the same pool of license it will work.
  3. it is better to have HF in place for apps like OPSEC as you have better control and also you can do parsing on that server. I will recommand to a HF in place.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...