Deployment Architecture

What is the best method to deploy Splunk enterprise in AWS?

bailey96

Been tasked with deploying a highly available and scalable setup of Splunk in AWS.

I've looked briefly at two methods currently, which is deploying a clustered approach to search heads and indexers on EC2 instances and also looked at using the Kubernetes Operator for Splunk to achieve the same. The questions I have regarding this are below...

1. Does anyone have experience with this and what deployment method would you recommend?

2. With your recommended approach can you autoscale components or does this need to be scaled manually?

3. Best way to get data into Splunk with enterprise?

Would really appreciate any advice you could offer! Thank you.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you considered using Splunk Cloud Platform?  They've already solved the problems you're asking about.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...