Deployment Architecture

What does this mean? ERROR IntrospectionGenerator:resource_usage - KVStorageProvider - Internal read failed with error code '13436' and message 'not master or secondary; cannot currently read from this replSet member'

jgoddard
Path Finder

I have been having issues with the KV Store under 6.2.0 and 6.2.1, mostly in my search head cluster. The first issue I have is that the KV store doesn't always get stopped by a splunk restart, resulting in the mongod process being left running and the KV port bound. This prevents splunk from restarting, which has resulted in a couple of cluster failures/issues. I see an existing unanswered question about this one (http://answers.splunk.com/answers/191451/splunk-62-mongod-does-not-seem-t).

The error in the subject line i am only seeing on one of three search head cluster members. Has anyone seen this before and even better, what do I do to resolve it?

amirofmn
Explorer

Curious if a solution was ever found for this particular error message.

0 Karma

bpaul_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One way this message can be displayed is if the number of search head cluster members is greater than the KVStore instances. Please check to make sure KVStore is enabled on all the search head cluster members.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...