Deployment Architecture

What does the warning message mean in forwarder management ?

sunrise
Contributor

Hi Splunkers,
I met the warning message in forwarder management which said "One or more apps are initializing download. Please refresh later to see the accurate status of these downloads".

alt text

Later I refreshed browser, but it was appeared again.
And I also restart splunk, but it was same.
What does this message mean ?
How is it not displayed ?

Thank you for your help.

Un10Mar01

this is production testing.

0 Karma

cald4
Engager

Also happened to me; clearing /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/serverclass.conf and then running "splunk reload deploy-server" worked to get rid of the warning on the forwarder management web page. I'm running x86_64 v6.2.1 build 245427
I was just getting started, only had 2 server classes. I assume I'll be seeing this again.

0 Karma

jameshgibson
Path Finder

I managed to clear this message by deleting all the serverclasses and then re-adding them. This removed the messages and got the apps downloading again.

My guess is SPlunk gets confused as to what has changed on the forwarder(s) and isn't logging the error back correctly.

echalex
Builder

I'm afraid this solution doesn't really fit most users. At least for me, with 500+ forwarders and some 100+ server classes.

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

I am in version 6.1 and seeing this issue also.

aelliott
Motivator

I am having this issue as well, in 6.0.3

0 Karma

wbfoxii
Communicator

I am seeing this now in version 6.0.3.

0 Karma

sunrise
Contributor

I don't know why this happened. But in Splunk V6.0.1, that doesn't happen.

0 Karma

mikelanghorst
Motivator

I still have it in 6.0.1, although all classes show ok

0 Karma

israelgutierrez
Path Finder

Also you can check Reload the Deployment server

/opt/splunk/bin/./splunk reload deploy-server

0 Karma

rgaleone1
Path Finder

sunrise - Have you attempted to restart the splunkforwarder to which the apps are being downloaded?

0 Karma

nurtdi
Path Finder

I have the same issue in Splunk v.6.0.3, "splunk reload deploy-server" and "splunk restart" did not help. As for suggestion: "Have you attempted to restart the splunkforwarder to which the apps are being downloaded?" - there is no easy way to find which forwarder is doing it...

mikelanghorst
Motivator

I'm seeing this as well, even though all classes/apps show as successful.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...