Deployment Architecture

Visio stencils: Does anyone have experience-based hints on how to properly use the icons in visio?

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well, there's no good section for this so I'll just post it here.

I'm trying to do some drawings using the stencils from https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Community/current/community/Resources

Aaaand the don't work very well with Office365 Visio. If I pull the icon to my drawing it's either completely filled with solid colour (the default option):

PickleRick_0-1660044996320.png

Or if I change the fill to "none" and line colour to black I get a silly looking "hollow" icon.

PickleRick_1-1660045036765.png

(on both screenshots it's the same icon of multiple indexers). Fiddling with styles doesn't help much either. Oh, and by default the caption text is not visible at all.

So the question is - have you any experience-based hints on how to properly use the icons in visio?

As a side rant - who thought it would be a good idea to edit caption text by going Group->Open->Edit text?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK. Answering my own question 🙂

This thread helped me https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/How-to-make-visio-icons-appear-correctly-in-Visio/m-p/31425...

But Visio is not very intuitive here. You'd think you can open the "shape styles" and disable the "allow themes" option. But it's not what you need to do. You actually have to switch to the Design tab and choose the "No theme" theme.

PickleRick_1-1690969200573.png

PickleRick_0-1690969158142.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...