Deployment Architecture

Universal Forwarder is slow to manage large files

tomk1
Engager

Hello,
I use an Universal Forwarder to monitor syslog-ng logs. The logs are splited in 24 logs for one day (so 1 log per hour). Each size of the log is between 300 and 600 MB, the log are sent with 5 hours of lag but they should be forwarded to index over time. The problem is the Universal Forwarder is very slow to send these logs. I quickly have behind (I receive mor log than I send). I cutomised my configuration thanks to this article : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/Troubleshooting/Troubleshootingeventsindexingdela...

I put the limits.conf in my app package like that :

[thruput]
maxKBps = 4096

server.conf :

[queue=parsingQueue]
maxSize = 10MB

I use Splunk Universal Forwarder 7.0.8, I don't have control of indexer (But please, not that is the thruput which can't be improved and I am pretty sure that the problem is not the indexer)
I use it but the problem was already here before enable it.
I also tryied with 1, 2 and 10 pipeline and the problem persists. The thruput is capped at the equivalent of 512 KBPS. I don't have any idea about the cause of the problem,I read a lot of forum and documentation but nothing solve it. How can I investigate on the problem (my UF is running under RedHat 7). Thanks.

Thanks.

dhanasekvi
Engager

I have the same problem too. 
Is there any solution identified ?

0 Karma

akshatj2
Path Finder

were you able to find a solution for this? how did you improve performance for your UF

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...