Deployment Architecture

Two DMCs on Two different Splunk Deployers monitoring same set of indexers and deployment servers

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We have 2 Search Head Clusters: a production and a stage cluster. Both share the same set of indexers but obviously the search heads are only associated with one SHC. There are separate deployers for each SHC.

I have the Distributed Management Console enabled on our production SHC deployer.

Would there be any issues with enabling DMC on the stage SHC deployer as well well? This DMC would share the same set of indexers as production, the same set of deployment servers, but obviously only the heads for the stage SHC.

kscher
Path Finder

We have a similar setup. I would only add that it seems like DMC console runs scheduled searches; which if true, is not surprising. So each additional running DMC would add some amount - hopefully small - of overhead.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't foresee any issues with the setup you're describing - two DMCs in distributed mode should be able to monitor the same deployment independently as long as they are correctly configured individually.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...