Deployment Architecture

Startwebserver 0

Laurence
Engager

When I start Splunk after a reboot of the server splunk is running fine but the webserver is not starting.

./splunk cmd btool web list --debug |grep startwebserver
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkLightForwarder/default/web.conf startwebserver = 0

Is there a way to manualy start the webserver? I run Ubuntu

Thanks,
Laurence

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

If this enterprise SPLUNK installation , it should be enabled in web.conf in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default.

You can try adding below settings in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf

[settings]
startwebserver = 1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

The Webserver gets restarted automatically if that is enabled as startwebserver =1 in web.conf.

Can you check if you have a file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf that disable the webserver ? if not create a file and enable the settings ? 

0 Karma

Laurence
Engager

The file web.conf isn't there. Also I dont realy know what to put in the file when I create it.

0 Karma

Laurence
Engager

I got it fixed, found the settings for the file in the splunk documentation. Thank you for you help.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
BTW, if this is a peer in indexer cluster or heavy forwarder then it's best practice to keep web GUI down for security reasons.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Security/WhatyoucansecurewithSplunk

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

If this enterprise SPLUNK installation , it should be enabled in web.conf in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default.

You can try adding below settings in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf

[settings]
startwebserver = 1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...