Deployment Architecture

Splunk ES query which uses datamodel and also uses custom index values

indut
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a requirement to use write a splunk query which uses ES based data model to better make use of the fields provided and also I want to limit my search to my custom index values.

So, for example I want to make use of Authentication.Authentication to return fields action and _time using Authentication datamodel and the index values limited to A,B,C only and I tried with a query like below and it doesn't work.

|`tstats` count from datamodel=Authentication.Authentication by _time,Authentication.action span=10m |where Authentication.index IN(index=A,B,C)|timechart minspan=10m count by Authentication.action|`drop_dm_object_name("Authentication")`

Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

indut
Path Finder

Thank you, this works 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

indut
Path Finder

Hi, I thought I replied here but somehow I am unable to view my reply.

The above where condition is not working when I have 10-12 index to use inside IN(A,B,C.....K,L)

Issue 1: It says that where condition is missing closure with  )" when I use more that 2 index values

Issue 2: It returns the events but it won't display the events ( I tried verbose and fast modes) but I can't see the events ( I do encounter this situation even when no syntax errors/ no error message) not sure why this situation happens, appreciate response for this condition as well.

Please advise how how I can use filter the data model to fit only to my index values

Tags (1)
0 Karma

indut
Path Finder

Thank you, this works 🙂

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The syntax used for the IN operator is incorrect.  Try 

... |where Authentication.index IN(A,B,C)| ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...